Does anyone remember if Tarzan and Jane ended up together? Are they still living in the jungle or what?
What in the world did Jane see in Tarzan? Did she ever miss the eloquence of a well formed sentence? Did she yearn for something more than hearing:”Me Tarzan, you Jane”?
These two are a good example of nature taking its own course. Nothing but strictly biological/chemical attraction, strong enough to displace all other needs? There’s something wonderfully primal in the story, I guess everyone can relate to it, can they?
It was enough for Tarzan. Was it enough for Jane? Sure it was, I vaguely remember the movie scene of Jane hanging from a tree, smiling :).
And what about Jane taking Tarzan back with her to what we call a civilized world? Did she feel embarrassed by him? Did she watch him critically as he picked up a fork and a knife in his barbaric manner? Did it bother her: the looks and whispers of friends and family, of society, as they secretly gossiped about his lack of education and manners?
What about Tarzan? How did Jane wanting him to be civilized change him? The thoughts flowing through his head, were they in English? Or was he grunting while thinking too? For some reason I like to think his thoughts went like this: “Jane, Jane, Jane…”.
Or maybe even: “Jane, Jane, Jane…banana”.
Deep down, I’m rooting for Tarzan…

I'm happy to see you have started your own blog... You've just got yourself a first follower from Slovenia :)
ReplyDeleteEka
Glad to have you, Eka.
ReplyDelete