Sunday, February 21, 2010

Damn YOU Aristotle!

Someone told me recently I was a very logical person. I didn’t know whether to take it as a compliment or an insult. It certainly made me think. Ah, I can be so logical when needed. Deep down, I am logical. It’s when the struggle of emotional vs logical occurs, well, sometimes (lately very often), the logical part loses. Although, I am aware of it, but of course when seen logically, there’s nothing I can logically apply to help it. So I struggle so much.
My logical part just ruins my life. I am neither here nor there. I am just kind of lost in thoughts. For every feeling there’s a logical explanation. For every action, there’s a logical justification. For every failed moment, there’s a logical accusation. I can’t escape feeling guilty. My own logic makes me feel guilty for not being logical all the time.


So then, damn you logic! I want out! This is so not what I signed up for!

Should I brush up on Aristotle’s teachings? Wasn’t he also teaching us about golden middle ground? Didn’t he also regard women as lower forms of life? Since I’m angry with him tonight, I’m taking this against him and simply (and irrationally) choosing to ignore all his teachings!
As much as we let our mind lead us through this life, deep down, we’re all animals. Animal instinct is also what drives us. Yes, maybe we need to be under influence of alcohol or exhausted or too tired to think, but, bottom line, we still have some of the cave mentality left in us.

So let me quote some of our new age philosophy - take this Aristotle!

I'm at my best when I'm at my worst
I'm at my worst when it's not rehearsed
I don't want to know the goddamn words
I don't want to have to spell it out
Don't want to mumble what I'm trying to say
I want to scream it from my foaming mouth
Shoot out the lights and ride away


I'm in my worst when I'm at my best
I'm at my best when I'm trying to look and think and talk
And sing and read and write like all the rest
We're all just trying to play our roles
In a play that runs ad nauseum
I hate this damn enlightenment
We were better off as animals
By Cursive

Image courtesy of Ru-Ru: http://www.pticica.com/slike/-/549871

No comments:

Post a Comment